Icewind Dale Easter Egg - Jeff K. Of Somethingawful.com Makes a Cameo
To explain this funny but obscure joke: Jeff K. is sort of an Internet cult-celebrity, who 'contributes' lots of material to the site www.somethingawful.com. (He doesn't actually exist, he's just the main author's creation and is a parody on many Internet users who always type using that annoying 'l33t sp33k'.) He did a hilarious interview with the programmers of, as he calls it, 'Windy Dale', and warned them that if they didn't include him in the game as a powerful cyclops, then the game was doomed to fail. (The URL of the interview is http://www.somethingawful.com/jeffk/scottintarview/index.htm .)
Anyway, they obeyed him. Here's how to meet this l33t cyclops (he's actually a useful ally/powerful enemy, not just a joke):
1. Before starting Icewind Dale, open up the 'icewind.ini' file in the game's main directory, using Notepad.
2. Under the [Game Options] section, include a new line that reads 'Cheats=1'. Do not include the quotes.
3. Save/exit Notepad, start the game.
4. During the game, hit Ctrl-Tab to open the 'console'.
5. Type one of the following two commands and press Enter to activate it:
That will summon Jeff K., and he will attack you. He's worth a fair amount of experience but is quite powerful.
This summons him, and he will ally himself with you and take out enemies. This easily balances most battles in your favor instantly.
7.1/10 with 96 votes
||churst on 12-11-2000
Get the most recent patch to be sure it works, I'm sure at least 1.05 is required.
Pictures and Videos
None posted yet. Send us yours
and be the first!