Iomega HipZip Digital Audio Player Easter Egg - Dadio Exploding Head Credits
NOTE: The egg really isn't that hard to get to; this description is just *very* detailed.
1. Turn on your HipZip Digital Audio Player. A PocketZip / Clik! disk does not need to be in the player in order for this egg to work.
2. Once the main player display appears (with running time, volume level, etc.), press the MENU/SEL button and scroll down (using the Volume Down button) to "Player Info." Press MENU/SEL again.
3. At this point you will be run through a quick series of animations (this is *not* the egg). First you'll see the "Dadio" logo with a pulsing graphic equalizer. This is then followed by the "Dadio Dude" (looks like a French hipster) giving a thumbs-up, followed by the spinning iObjects logo, then finally showing the "Dadio" logo again with the version number of the operating system below it.
4. Once this final Dadio Logo / Version screen is displayed, press Volume Up seven (7) times, then press MENU/SEL. This allows you to view the egg.
5. You will now be treated a quick animation of the Dadio Dude putting on a pair of headphones, jamming to his digital audio player, and then having his head explode (his brain and eyeballs fly out toward you!). Set against the backdrop of blood now gushing like a geyser from his neck, the credits for the iObjects, Iomega, and eCos teams will flash by. (NOTE: as the credits roll, press your volume buttons every once in a while to ensure that your player does not auto-off, causing you to miss some of the display).
6. When the credits are finished, the headless Dadio Dude has a quick wisp of smoke drift out from his neck, and then the player will return to the main screen (time remaining, volume, etc.)
8.6/10 with 25 votes
||Anonymous on 02-09-2001
Requires the Iomega HipZip Digital Audio Player
Pictures and Videos
None posted yet. Send us yours
and be the first!