Grand Theft Auto 3 Easter Egg - Invisible Towns
To locate the invisible towns on the map:
1. At your home in Portland, enable the Dodo Car cheat (press Right direction on d-pad, R2, Circle, R1, L2, Down direction on D-pad, L1, R1).
2. Walk out on to the road and enable the Rhino Tank cheat (press Circle six times, R1, L2, L1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle).
3. Get inside the tank, and using the Right analogue stick, position the cannon so that it fires behind you.
4. Drive towards the water opposite your home and up on to the white ground. Turn right and carry on driving next to the water. Look at the map in the bottom-left hand corner of the screen. You should be headed for the corner of the island.
5. Keep driving until just before the train track is above your head. Now begin rapidly firing the cannon. As you approach the corner of the island, your tank will begin to take off into the air. Continue firing the cannon for about three seconds, then stop firing and release the accelerator.
6. Making sure you keep control of the tank, swoop down as close to the sea as you can go without falling in. Do not press the accelerator again unless the tank is in severe danger of falling into the water. If it is in danger, use a short burst of acceleration to pull away from the water slightly, then release the accelerator again.
7. You should see a grassy hill in front of you. This is not solid; you should fly right through it. Once you have passed through it, look at the map in the bottom-left hand corner of the screen. It should indicate that there is a road in the sea, although you can only see it on the map. Remember to make sure you are close to the water, and follow the road along. (Warning: The tank can become difficult to control at this stage, keep your speeds low and it should be fine, but whatever you do, don't press the accelerator, as this will make things worse.)
8. As you fly along the road and reach the end, you should notice that in front of you, the sea ends, with nothing else in front of it. (Warning: Do not cross this point as the game will crash.) The map in the bottom-left corner of the screen should show names nearby, such as Garytown and Christytown. These are the names of some of the developers. You can search for more like this around the very edge of the map.
A word of warning, this may take a few tries to get right, but it's quite interesting when you find it.
Spread the word and
if you like this Egg!
5.9/10 with 225 votes
||Tribal Scar on 02-08-2002
Pictures and Videos
|the ghost town!!!
||Another angle showing the strip seen in the game's opening sequence.
Do you have another one? Send us a picture or video of this Egg!