Muppets From Space Easter Egg - Down the Line
After watching Muppets From Space again, I counted no less than 15 eggs -- and there are probably more that I missed. In order:
1) When the space-fish send Gonzo back to Earth, they shout out "May the Fish Be With You!", an obvious nod to "Star Wars."
2) Pepe and Rizzo con Gonzo into building a jacuzzi with the "If you build it, they will come" line from "Field of Dreams."
3) Two "Men in Black" come after Gonzo in the TV studio.
4) This may just be my imagination, but the fight scene between Miss Piggy and one of the MIBs reminded me a lot of the finale of "The Matrix."
5) When Kermit is returning to the house, one of the mob holds out a mashed-potato sculpture of Gonzo, ala "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."
6) The scene in Bunsen's lab where he gives them the invisibilty spray in the rubber duck is remenicent of ANY James Bond movie.
7) In that same scene, Bunsen says the effect's spray is "Sadly temporary," and Beaker echoes him. These two delivered the same line in the FIRST Muppet movie.
8) One of the lab rats is called "The Birdman," with the "Of Alcatraz" implied.
9) When Rizzo is in the wind tunnel, he starts screaming for Auntie Em, as in "The Wizard of Oz."
10) The rats escape their cage through a tunnel hidden behind a poster, not unlike "The Shawshank Redeption."
11) When Rizzo drops through the vent of the operating room to save Gonzo he is reenacting "Mission: Impossible."
12) The Mad Scientist the rats beat up later is slapped against a window, mimicking Brent Spiner from "Independence Day."
13) As the Muppets drive their bus through the mob at the beach, I was reminded of the similar scene from "Contact." Like the one about "The Matrix," I may just be reading too much into it.
14) The second most obvious one -- Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson in a cameo at the beach remark that it's a shame Dawson can't be there -- a reference to their TV show, "Dawson's Creek."
15) The MOST obvious -- As Ed is taken into the alien ship he begins to make a speech about "boldy going where no one has gone before," and the Star Trek theme begins to play.
Now will someone PLEASE tell me where I can go to get a life?
4.6/10 with 95 votes
||Bibbo-3 on 11-27-1999
A ridiculous amount of pop culture knowledge
Pictures and Videos
None posted yet. Send us yours
and be the first!