Lord of the Rings Easter Egg - Bypass Moria
1. Once you've gotten through Rivendell, go to the Redhorn Pass.
2. Follow the Pass until you are notified that a snowdrift is blocking your path.
3. Now, you may have noticed that whenever your party leader is stopped, some other characters may run around, trying to find a place to stop. This is a minor bug that doesn't really affect gameplay, but it does allow you to execute this egg.
4. Keeping this in mind, walk in the area immediately surrounding the snowdrift, stopping every few paces. Eventually, you should come to a position where one (or more) characters are running to the right edge of the screen-past the snowdrift.
5. Timing it just right, activate the icon bar when this character(s) is beyond the snowdrift. He will immediately halt in place.
6. Select that character as your leader, and proceed east. The rest of your party will magically follow him over the snowdrift.
7. Switch the leader back to whoever it was before, and be on your way. Keep going east on the Pass until you are out the mountains.
8. You have just bypassed Moria! Having done this, it is possible to get to Dol Guldur with Gandalf, Frodo, and Sam still in your party! This is without question the most amazing egg I have ever found!
9. This egg is rather complex, so if you have problems or questions, e-mail me.
7.1/10 with 316 votes
||Robert McDaniel on 07-24-1999
Lord of the Rings, Vol. 1 for DOS 5.0 or better
Pictures and Videos
None posted yet. Send us yours
and be the first!