Internet Explorer Easter Egg - Extracting Hidden Credits from IE5
In the latest releases of IE5, the ability to view the hidden credits screens have been disabled and many people still try in vain to access it. However, even though the automatic ability to view the egg has been removed, you can still extract it manually from IE5.
1. In the address bar, type the url: res://shdoclc.dll/wcee.htm
2. Go to VIEW menu, and choose SOURCE to open it up in notepad.
3. Search for the phrase, gurjPRR in the text file to elicit the following lines:
if (DecodeStr("gurjPRR") != window.name)
4. Delete those two lines, and save the file as an .htm file on your computer.
5. Open that HTM file to view the hidden credits. Right click a whole lot to slow it down.
There are several funny parts throughout, so keep an eye on them.
6.7/10 with 516 votes
||Kinnear on 10-01-2001
Pictures and Videos
None posted yet. Send us yours
and be the first!