Majestic, The Easter Egg - Items from Other Movies
One of the themes in Jim Carrey's "The Majestic", is that movies and movie theatres are magical, timeless things. I found several Eggs just from seeing it at the theatre, that appear to reinforce this (there will likely be more):
1) The characters go to a club called the "Coco Bongo (from Carrey's movie "The Mask").
2) In a clip from a movie that Carrey's character wrote, a character gets conked on the head with a rather ugly idol (the same one Indiana Jones grabbed at the beginning of "Raiders of the Lost Ark").
3) In the same in-movie film clip as #2, the hero of the film (which is admitted to by Carrey's character to be a "B-movie") is Bruce Macdonald, who is literally today's "King of B-movies".
4) Carrey's character suffers through two meetings while off-screen voices plan horrific changes to his movie; in one scene a character is renamed "Floyd", and in the next, to "Haywood" (both names are hated by the off-screen voices). Haywood Floyd is the name of the protagonist in Stanley Kubrick's "2001, a Space Odyssey".
5) Carrey's character is mistaken for someone named "Albert Lucas Trimble", whom everyone calls "Luke" for short... a reference to George Lucas and his alter-ego, Luke Skywalker?
As I said, there may be more that would appear with repeated viewings!
5.8/10 with 25 votes
||dngnmastr on 01-09-2002
Sharp eyes, good memory for trivia
Pictures and Videos
None posted yet. Send us yours
and be the first!